You are here: Home » Topic » A standalone Java client: FireflyClientpage 8

A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

This topic contains 186 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #15616

    w1ll14m
    Participant

    works Great!
    As expected 😉

    Thanx again for the new features!

    #15617

    RigasW
    Participant

    Hi Caribou,

    thanks for the feedback.

    Thanks for telling me about the possibility to remove songs from the playlist by pressing delete 🙂

    For me it would be enough, if I could control the player with the keyboard, while the player is in focus.

    RigasW

    #15618

    Anonymous

    Hey Caribou,

    really good work.

    Many thanks for the update and the new functions.

    Cya

    Frogy

    #15619

    Anonymous

    Hi,

    First, Thank you for this nice sofware.

    Is it possible to add the read buffer size in the preferences tab and/or in the xml file ?
    On connection with latency and small bandwith, the internal buffer seems sometimes to be too small.

    Best Regards

    Pacbarnabe

    #15620

    Anonymous

    @Pacbarnabe wrote:

    Is it possible to add the read buffer size in the preferences tab and/or in the xml file ?
    On connection with latency and small bandwith, the internal buffer seems sometimes to be too small.

    Does it generate an error ? And if this is the case, could you please post the error details ? (It might be a connection timeout problem as well)
    — caribou

    #15621

    Anonymous

    @caribou wrote:

    @Pacbarnabe wrote:

    Is it possible to add the read buffer size in the preferences tab and/or in the xml file ?
    On connection with latency and small bandwith, the internal buffer seems sometimes to be too small.

    Does it generate an error ? And if this is the case, could you please post the error details ? (It might be a connection timeout problem as well)
    — caribou

    When i try to access my nas from my work, read of MP3 stop after ~12sec.
    My upload bandwidth is 90KBytes/s, it is more than necessary.
    With Amarok, i have set a large buffer in the xine config file and i have no problem.
    This is why i think the buffer can be too small in some case.

    Best Regards

    #15622

    EVILRipper
    Participant

    The average mp3 has a bitrate of 192 kbit AKA 24 KByte/s.
    So the 90 KB/s bandwidth should indeed be sufficient.

    However, having a high ping could hit the buffer limit which makes the music skip for moments.
    What Pacbarnabe is asking for is a setting in the application to define the buffer size, in order to prevent a high ping to hit the buffer limit.
    Skipping music can get quite annoying indeed. 🙂

    #15626

    Anonymous

    hey. first of thanks for this great client. with tons o daap server and no clients, you’ve clearly made something that is easy to use and a familiar interface 😆

    I was wondering if

    1. I can create my own skins for this

    2. I can run this on the server side so I can access my music using a web browser remotely. This would be a real nice to have because then I don’t need to download the client on all my machines. I could simply point my browser to your client and access and play all my music.

    Please let me know these are possible to do

    #15627

    LeoD
    Participant

    You may want to try Bo Mellberg’s FirePlay.

    #15623

    Anonymous

    @bugmenot wrote:

    1. I can create my own skins for this<

    I am using http://www.l2fprod.com/ for skinning. I think you can make your own skin. If you do, send it to me and I’ll include it in the project. There is no external skin loading feature included in the client by now (and I don’t think it’ll come… at least soon 😉

    @bugmenot wrote:

    2. I can run this on the server side so I can access my music using a web browser remotely. This would be a real nice to have because then I don’t need to download the client on all my machines. I could simply point my browser to your client and access and play all my music.

    I’m working on an applet version of the client, which means that you’ll be able to install it on the server. As I don’t have a lot of spare time to work on it, I do not promise any delivery date (there are other ongoing features/bug correction too – genre panel, library autoloading,…)

    –caribou

    #15624

    stretch
    Participant

    @caribou wrote:

    I’m working on an applet version of the client, which means that you’ll be able to install it on the server. As I don’t have a lot of spare time to work on it, I do not promise any delivery date (there are other ongoing features/bug correction too – genre panel, library autoloading,…)

    –caribou

    You do know that Firefly already has one don’t you?
    your.nas.ip.address:3689/applet.html
    Doesn’t work very well though….

    #15625

    Anonymous

    @stretch wrote:

    You do know that Firefly already has one don’t you?
    your.nas.ip.address:3689/applet.html
    Doesn’t work very well though….

    I know it, but as you say, it doesn’t work very well. The idea to transpose Firefly Client as an applet, which means that the applet would have exactly the same functionnalities as the current client (caching, update, user interface, …). The only difference would be that it would auto detect the server configuration (hostname and port) from the applet url. It is not a lot of work as it can use the same code, but it can take time though, as I don’t have too much spare time.
    –caribou

    #15628

    Anonymous

    Glad to see development resume after the long holiday, don’t forgot to fix the UTF songs name doesn’t display correctly in window title bug! 😀

    #15629

    Anonymous

    @keror0 wrote:

    Glad to see development resume after the long holiday, don’t forgot to fix the UTF songs name doesn’t display correctly in window title bug! 😀

    I’m not sure I’ll be able to fix this one. Indeed, I remember I told you I could fix it by customizing the themes font, but it seems to be a java runtime bug, so no luck 😥 Anyway, could you send me your library file so I can test with your data and see if I can find a workaround ? You can send it to me at vcariven [ at] users.sourceforge.net or if too big, try posting it on a free upload site (e.g. http://dl.free.fr/ (french interface)) Can you also tell me what environment you are using (os, browser version, java runtime version) ?
    — caribou

    #15630

    Anonymous

    Done. Hopefully I sent the correct file to you.

    One quick question, am I correct that Album Art must be embedded inside every mp3 songs in order to get FireflyClient display it during playback? Just a folder.jpg or cover.jpg copy to the same folder with the songs doesn’t works? 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 187 total)

The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.