A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Hm, that’s actually a nice feat!
    Do playlists that were created by FireflyClient survive a rescan or full rescan?

cromei
    Participant

Do playlists that were created by FireflyClient survive a rescan or full rescan?

Yes, I just did a full rescan and it stayed… This actually is causing me a problem as I reorganized my music. Anybody know how to delete the playlist created by firefly client short of deleting the db?
    Thanks,
    Craig

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cromei wrote:

Yes, I just did a full rescan and it stayed… This actually is causing me a problem as I reorganized my music. Anybody know how to delete the playlist created by firefly client short of deleting the db?
    Thanks,
    Craig

Just right-click and select Delete.

thorstenhirsch
    Participant

Impressive. The GUI looks very professional and just works. Thank you very much!

edit: I’m using svn-1695 on a LinkStation 2 (MIPS) and I’m getting these entries in my log file with your client …well, they don’t seem to harm, but just to let you know:

2008-05-07 22:32:18 (00004000): Serving 123 songs.  Startup complete in 12 seconds
    2008-05-07 22:40:58 (00040003): Thread 14: Bad arg:
    2008-05-07 22:42:54 (00048003): Session 0: Streaming file '01 999,999.flac' to 192.168.0.25 (offset 0)
    2008-05-07 22:43:23 (00048003): Error writing to client socket: Connection reset by peer
    2008-05-07 22:43:23 (0004c003): Session 0: Streaming file '02 1,000,000.flac' to 192.168.0.25 (offset 0)
    2008-05-07 22:44:12 (0004c003): Error writing to client socket: Connection reset by peer
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@caribou wrote:

– Change window title to display song played

Any remark, bug report, feature request is welcome,

— caribou

Just want to report UTF songs name doesn’t display correctly in window title:

also is it possible to implement sorting songs order with clicking column headers such as “Title” or “#” instead of the default seems only based on “Artist”? An option to select track no, artist or titles would also be fine.

Anyway, thank you so much for provide this wonderful Firefly client!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@keror0 wrote:

Just want to report UTF songs name doesn’t display correctly in window title.

I had a look at it and found that the font used to display window title doesn’t support unicode, which explains those ugly squares! It was a bit hard to find as this font is defined in the skin paks provided. I’ll change it in the next version to an unicode font. Next version should come before july I hope or else in september.
    @keror0 wrote:

…also is it possible to implement sorting songs order with clicking column headers such as “Title” or “#” instead of the default seems only based on “Artist”?

I’m working on it… when I have time ! Single or multi column sorting should be available in next version (with sort order persisted when closing app).
    @keror0 wrote:

An option to select track no, artist or titles would also be fine.

Is is related to sorting system or do you mean something else ?
    @keror0 wrote:

Anyway, thank you so much for provide this wonderful firefly client!

Thank you for your support ๐Ÿ˜‰
    –caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is is related to sorting system or do you mean something else ?

Yes, if you implement multi column sorting then no need. ๐Ÿ™‚

RonaldJ

Hi Caribou,

For now I only want to thank you for this wounderful piece of software. I removed iTunes some time ago and this is a more then appropriated replacement! Light and fast. I like it a lot!

w1ll14m
    Participant

This realy is some good piece of software ๐Ÿ™‚

it handles 30k items easily, haven’t seen a client that can
    handle this much songs so good as Firefly Client!

multi column sorting would be neat!

Also, is there a way to embed this in a web browser? if so, that would be nice!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, I am trying to use this app to access my mt-daapd library at home from my office at work.

I have Rendesvous Proxy setup, and SSH tunneling to port 3689 set up in Putty. I know it is working because I can get to the mt-daapd configuration page using the web browser, by typing . Port 3689 on my router is closed.

When I start Firfly Client, I go to “New Library” and fill in “Test: as the name for the new library, put “localhost” in and leave the port as-is. It then prompts for a password, so I enter in “******”.

Doing so brings up an “Unable to connect to the server error” and it says “Cause: Unable to connect. Not found (status=404)”

Any ideas? I can access the library using other machines at home, both using iTunes and XBMC, so I know it is working. I also get access using Crossfire on Firefox, but that is not ideal.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.