A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    jheinitz
    Participant

Hello,

I just had a quick look at the cool FireflyClient for JAVA. It looks nice, but since 95% of my files are AAC files and not MP3 they don’t play.

Is there a way of getting these AAC files to play? They are not DRM protected, just “normal” files ripped from my own CDs using itunes.

Kind regards

Jens

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the only easy solution to create Static Playlist without extra work.
    Could it work from the Web ?
    Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am trying to delete static / dinamic playlist without sucess, how can i do?
    Where are the m3u located ?
    Thanks in advance,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everybody, sorry for the delay but I’ve had a few days off…
    Here are some answers: @cromei wrote:

OK, the create new playlist is cool… However… If I delete the database or do a full scan will it disapear?

A simple scan is OK. But if you delete the database file, nothing is recoverable as all is stored in the database by the server.
    @cromei wrote:

If so, should we have an export to .m3u utility for the playlist?

I’ve been thinking about it, but what about the import process ? Should we place the m3u file on the server (if so, the playlist is no more writeable, just readable) ? or write an import process which allow creating a static playlist on the server from an m3u ? This should be a little tricky as playlists are based on song ids which change after a database full rescan.

@jheinitz wrote:

It looks nice, but since 95% of my files are AAC files and not MP3 they don’t play. Is there a way of getting these AAC files to play

Actually, there is no way I know for directly playing native audio format as ACC or WMA in JAVA. I’ll look deeper into two possible solutions: one about dynamically loading native audio libraries (which would allow playing AAC on apple and WMA on windows), the other about using free libraries which are able to play these kind of format (ex: ffmpeg). But in both cases, it would not be in a near future!
    Another simple solution would be to use the “transcode” functionnality of the server. I’ve not tested it because all of my files are mp3’s nor know details about it but you should find details on other threads of this forum.
    @alcenta wrote:

Is the only easy solution to create Static Playlist without extra work. Could it work from the Web ?

If you mean by “from the web” from any computer with internet access, the answer is yes. (if you can access your server remotly, ex: http://yout_server:yourport/). You can also set a proxy server if you need it.

@alcenta wrote:

I am trying to delete static / dynamic playlist without sucess, how can i do?

There should be a context menu appearing when right-clicking on a dynamic or static playlist (except for the itunes ones or m3u)
    @alcenta wrote:

Where are the m3u located ?

The m3u should be located on the server and are served by the firefly media server. Playlist created by Firefly Client are static one (but not m3u) directly stored in the database by the server.

— caribou[/quote]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I can delete a whole playlist ( created by firefly client not m3U ) but how can I add remove tracks ?
    Thanks in advance, Aldo

Anonymous
    Inactive

@alcenta wrote:

Thanks, I can delete a whole playlist ( created by firefly client not m3U ) but how can I add remove tracks ?

By dragging song from the main song list. Notice that depending on your java runtime drag may not start directly after clicking. i.e. you must first select the song (or multiple songs with CTRL+click) then release your mouse button and click again to start dragging. Removing tracks is done by pressing the ‘delete’ key when songs are selected in the playlist.
    –caribou

Stratrix

great little app!!

i have two requests.

1. was wondering if you can make the program title support unicode characters. right now, unicode shows up in the app fine, but in the title, its just [] in the taskbar.
    2. could you include an option to change the font size? i use an umpc and the font is too small to use.

thanks. 🙂

stretch
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

Ok, reopened and the New playlist is available.
    Thanks for the help!
    Craig

I have two Firefly servers and the first time I loaded the library, the New Playlist function was greyed out for both of them.
    To get it to work I had to load a new library, save the library then close & reopen the library before the playlist function worked.
    Nothing to get too worked up about as you only encounter the bug when you load a new library.

RigasW
    Participant

Hello,

how do you manage to save the playlists, that you create with fireflyclient, on the firefly server?
    I created a playlist on client machine 1 with your client software; it is available on client 2 (Using FirePlay.html as client software) as well …

Rigas

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RigasW wrote:

Hello,
    how do you manage to save the playlists, that you create with fireflyclient, on the firefly server?
    I created a playlist on client machine 1 with your client software; it is available on client 2 (Using FirePlay.html as client software) as well …
    Rigas

Playlists used are indeed created and stored on the server which explains that you can see them from different clients. Firefly media server allows to manage several kinds of playlists:
    – Smart playlists (definititions are store in FMS database) : can be created/modified via smart.html.
    – Static playlists (lists are stored in FMS database) : can be created/modified via playlist.html or by Firefly Client
    You have a look at : http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/wiki/XmlApi#AddPlaylist for details about dealing with the two previous kind of playlists (in a programmatic way)

– M3U (winamp) and ITunes ones : cannot be remotly modified.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.