A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

• This topic has 186 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Well, now I’ve had a chance to play around a little with 0.6.
    Awesome work, and here are a few bugs that I found:

-) When you pause a song, and unpause, it plays the selected song, and doesn’t continue the previous song.
    -) Playlists (including smart one’s) are being loaded correctly, however browsing them is broken. It always selects ALL songs from a given artist or album, and not only those in the playlist. I have a smart playlist that contains all songs added within the last 2 weeks. Say I’ve added a new Elvis album yesterday, firefly client would still present me ALL albums by the King in that playlist.
    -) The notification popup when a song is changed is a brilliant idea. However the buttons to skip to the next/previous song don’t work at all, or take a very long time until they do something.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Well, now I’ve had a chance to play around a little with 0.6.
    Awesome work

Thank you!

and here are a few bugs that I found:
    -) When you pause a song, and unpause, it plays the selected song, and doesn’t continue the previous song.

That was a choice at a the beginning, I think you are right that that’s not the more intuitive, I’ll change it in the next release.

-) Playlists (including smart one’s) are being loaded correctly, however browsing them is broken. It always selects ALL songs from a given artist or album, and not only those in the playlist. I have a smart playlist that contains all songs added within the last 2 weeks. Say I’ve added a new Elvis album yesterday, firefly client would still present me ALL albums by the King in that playlist.

I’ve not done a lot of testing for that ’cause I don’t really use playlists for myself. I think it’ll be easy to correct (certainly available in the next release).

-) The notification popup when a song is changed is a brilliant idea. However the buttons to skip to the next/previous song don’t work at all, or take a very long time until they do something.

I don’t really understand this one as this functionnality works well for me for a long time. Don’t see what to do to solve that!
    Thank you again for furthering this app!
    — caribou

fizze
    Participant

Yeah, the play/pause issue isn’t really a bug, but more like a usability thing. But as far as I remember, iTunes handles it differently.

Well, the notification next/prev issue might be related to other bugs.
    Since its just an option, I wouldn’t treat it with high priority. Not unless it’s clear and reproducible.

edit:
    Wow, its an incredibly busy week.
    Finally got a chance to checkout the CVS trunk from sf.

Its complaining about skins, and skin look and feel stuff missing.

import com.l2fprod.gui.plaf.skin.Skin;
    import com.l2fprod.gui.plaf.skin.SkinLookAndFeel;

Can you add that to the CVS or do I have to grab that elsewhere?
    My java IDE is jdeveloper, which is Oracle-focused, but I found its working nicely for other projects, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Its complaining about skins, and skin look and feel stuff missing.

import com.l2fprod.gui.plaf.skin.Skin;
    import com.l2fprod.gui.plaf.skin.SkinLookAndFeel;

It seems that it’s just a problem of classpath configuration. Classes are present in the jar skinlf.jar in the “lib” subdirectory. Do you have the same error when build the app with ant (using build.xml) ? To avoid those kinds of problem, add all the jar files contained in the lib subdirectory to your classpath.

I don’t know if you received the mail about translating Firefly Client to german ? Would you be interested in it ? So that I could add German support to next version (maybe in a week with full static playlists management support, I hope ๐Ÿ™‚ ) If you agree, you’d just have to send me a translated version of the translation file: http://fireflyclient.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/fireflyclient/fireflyclient/src/net/firefly/client/resources/translations/translations_en_GB.properties
    to vcariven [ at] users.sourceforge.net

If other are interested in translating it into other languages, I’m quite demanding …

Thanks in advance

— caribou

fizze
    Participant

Yeah, I got your mail. But works doing an awful good job of keeping me from even wanting to go near a PC when I’m home these days. ๐Ÿ˜•

Of course I’ll translate. Im afraid it might take a little while, though ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just released a new version of FireflyClient : 0.6b
    See: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212642
    Main features are :
    – advanced static playlist management (create/update/remove)
    – player panel redesigned
    – bugs corrected
    I didn’t have a lot of spare time these previous weeks, and it doesn’t seem to improve ! So I uploaded this version (at last!) though it could have been more stable with a bit more develoment. But I don’t know when I’ll be able to work hard on it again. Here is the detailed changelog below.

Changelog:
    Version 0.6 b
    - Added editable static playlists management (readwrite) for firefly media server over svn-1488 (previous version make server crash)
    - create/rename/delete static playlists (confirmation before deleting)
    - add songs to a static playlist by drag and drop from song list (if playlist has been previously loaded)
    - delete songs from song list (DEL button)
    - rename/delete smart playlists

- Added a preference option to sort static playlists (default: yes)
    - Display server version in window title when not playling song
    - Added optional usage of amazon webservice cover support for missing covers
    - option in preference (default: no)
    - Rework of info panel around track slider
    - added volume slider
    - icons for status
    - song info, redesigned track slider (now seek to the click position)

- Tries to skip invalid frames when reading mp3
    - Switched back HTTP compression default to false

- [FIXED BUG] Correct time display for all time zone
    - [FIXED BUG] Correct the artist display in frame title when unknown
    - [FIXED BUG] When you paused a song, and unpause, it played the selected song and didn't continue the previous song: now fixed.
    - [FIXED BUG] Playlists were being loaded correctly, however browsing them was broken.
    - It always selected ALL songs from a given artist or album, and not only those in the playlist: now fixed.
    - [FIXED BUG] When encountering playlist names with special character, could crash: now fixed.
    - [FIXED BUG]: Seeking was not available anymore after having changed look 'n feel: now fixed
    - Minor bugs fixes

As usual, any support, any remark, bug report, feature request is welcome,

— caribou

cromei
    Participant

I gave this a try and it is great as always.

However the
    File –> New Playlist is greyed out.
    Did I miss an instruction to get to this?
    Thanks,
    Craig

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cromei wrote:

I gave this a try and it is great as always.

Thank you!
    @cromei wrote:

However the File –> New Playlist is greyed out. Did I miss an instruction to get to this?

Advanced playlist management makes firefly media server crash before version svn-1488. So I added a server version detection function to only activate playlist advanced functions for server over svn-1488. As a matter of fact, functions are disabled for you! So either your server has a version under svn-1488 or my version detection function is broken. If the function works well, you should see the server version in the title bar of firefly client after having loaded the library.
    Ex: Firefly Client – [Windows] Firely Media Server @ localhost:9999 [svn-1586]
    Server version is detected with the request: http://server:port/rsp/info (either in the xml response or in the response HTTP headers)
    Hope this will help !

–caribou

cromei
    Participant

Ok, reopened and the New playlist is available.
    Thanks for the help!
    Craig

cromei
    Participant

OK, the create new playlist is cool…
    However… If I delete the dtabase or do a full scan will it disapear? If so, should we have an export to .m3u utility for the playlist?

Just a thought.

Thanks!
    Craig

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.