A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

• This topic has 186 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@onecaibou wrote:

Tried out beta 3 and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be working […]
    SAXException while unmarshalling the song list (during parsing)
    once my library (about 50K songs) loads up to 68% it crashes every time.

To be able to investigate, i’d need the library xml file generated when requesting the following url on your server: http://www.yourserver.com:3689/rsp/db/1
    (The file may be large if you have 50K songs)
    If it is not possible to attach a file on this forum, you can email me the file: vcariven [at] users.sourceforge.net

Moreover to have more information you can launch FireflyClient from a console by the command:

your/path/to/java/bin/java -jar your/path/to/firefly/FireflyClient.jar

This will let a console opened. When the exception occurs, a stacktrace will be printed. Posting it, (additionnaly to the song file) would be helpful.

— caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just uploaded xml file to http://ekemper.googlepages.com/fireclientlibrary

It was too big for sourceforge.. email I sent bounced.

Thanks for your hard work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@onecaibou wrote:

I just uploaded xml file to http://ekemper.googlepages.com/fireclientlibrary

Thanks! It helped a lot!
    I found the problem. It comes from invalid characters in some comment tag which make the XML parsing crash in an unrecoverable way!
    For example, the song Gyroscope (The Dismemberment Plan) has a comment tag with invalid character which stops parsing.
    I don’t know if the comment tag is faulty or just bad rendered by the server?

There are only 3 types of database browsing:
    – id: return just song id and title
    – browse: return some commonly used infos (not comment!)
    – full: returns all infos available (comment included!)

(Ron, if you read me, would it be possible to implement a custom type with the choice of the infos returned?)

For getting all needed infos I need a full browsing (‘browse’ type, though not returning ‘comment’ info — which could so solve the problem — does not return some usefull infos needed by firefly client.

Anyway, I will try to implement a workaround (XML preprocessing?) to be more compatible with those “corrupted” useless comments (and let you know)

— caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool.. I see the character. I’ll remove it from the file and let you know how things run.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@onecaibou wrote:

Cool.. I see the character. I’ll remove it from the file and let you know how things run.

In fact there is another one for song: Ramble On (Led Zeppelin)

Your huge library is quite interesting in term of development and show many bugs in Firefly Client in fact 😉 Song list sorting for example and other performance bottlenecks!

I made a workaround for those incorrect characters that will be available in the next version and I will try to solve those other problems too!

— caribou

rpedde
    Participant

@caribou wrote:

For example, the song Gyroscope (The Dismemberment Plan) has a comment tag with invalid character which stops parsing.
    I don’t know if the comment tag is faulty or just bad rendered by the server?

What’s the tag? Is it not utf-8? I’m pretty sure I filter for valid utf8 before inserting it into the database (except for path, which I can’t really filter).

(Ron, if you read me, would it be possible to implement a custom type with the choice of the infos returned?)

Yeah, it’s on my list of things to do, but it won’t be before next nightly. I’ll update you when I get it though.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just released a new version of FireflyClient : 0.4b

See: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212642

This release is mostly a maintenance release which should correct several bugs and improve stability.

Changelog:
    - Rearranged left panel for next release playlist management
    - Moved song info below cover
    - Moved random button to status bar
    - Added a 'reflect' effect for covers
    - Added a default cover when none available
    - Added support for native look and feel ('Normal') - needs to be restarted after having applied it.
    - Add a 'Save and quit' + 'Save password and quit' buttons when asking close confirmation
    - Corrected bug for cover smaller than 200x200 (led to infinite loop)
    - Restored java 1.4 compatibility (still no support for notification popup though)
    - Enhanced error popup to provide error details (stacktrace)
    - Enhanced management of Unknown artist/album (best detection, displayed at the end of the songlist)
    - Filter remote songlist to skip control character (avoid some parsing error -> invalid characters in ID3 comment tag)
    - Corrected song sorting
    - Backend rework (load/save functionnalities)
    - Minor bug fixes

Any remark, bug report, feature request is welcome,

— caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for helping me resolve the odd character issue. Glad the big library file helped with your debug.

.4 looks, works great. Performance has gotten a big boost it seems.

Any chance we could get a volume control in the client?

Let me know if you need anything specific tested.

Keep up the great work!

wwarren
    Participant

Just installed version 0.4 and its working great. I’m running it at work over the internet to Firefly 1586 at home on a WD Mybook. I’ve got 2 Firefly instances running, one with ALAC’s (for my soundbridges) and one with MP3 (previously for my iPod, but now for streaming too.) Is there a way to have it update a library once its done a scan, or do I just redo the library from scratch?

Also, maybe somebody can verify that I’ve done my protection adequately to keep the music safe. I’ve got port forwarding turned on to the Mybook and changed the Firefly admin password to something less obvious than mt-daapd, and added a music playback password too. Anything else I need to do to keep The Man off my back?

wwarren
    Participant

Where does a saved library get stored? I ran it from a flash drive and saved a library, but later on a different computer the saved library was gone.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.