You are here: Home » Topic » 20060117 on i686 GNU/Linux

20060117 on i686 GNU/Linux

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rpedde 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #163

    Mike
    Participant

    I installed sqlite3, and configured mt-daapd with both –enable-sqlite and –enable-sqlite3. I set the db_type to be sqlite3 and deleted the old database. Fired up mt-daapd and everything’s a go. I re-added my smart playlists and they worked great as well. I can’t really tell what sqlite3 is doing for me that sqlite2 wasn’t, but either way, it’s working and seems stable enough (I haven’t stress tested it or anything).

    #3922

    rpedde
    Participant

    Yeah, me neither. πŸ™‚ I hoped there would be a magical performance boost, but no, damn it. πŸ™‚

    I guess the biggest thing is that the db stuff isn’t dependant on one specific kind of database — in theory, it would be easy to make a postgres backend, or a mysql backend, or (dare I say it) a gdbm database (again).

    little more flexibility, really.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.