1696 web UI corrupting mt-daapd.conf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wwarren
    Participant

I’m having a problem where if I use the web UI to edit my firefly 1696 configuration, like scan interval or password, the item changed sometimes gets a couple of extra random characters added that corrupts the file. For example, I changed my password the other day and then couldn’t get logged back in. I loaded the mt-daapd.conf file in a text editor and saw that there were extra random characters added to the end of my password. I had to edit the file manually to fix it and then restart firefly to make the change take affect. The same thing happened tonight when I changed “Always Scan” from no to yes. It said it saved the change, but then when I reloaded the configuration page to make sure it stuck, all entries were blank. When I loaded mt-daapd.conf manually, I saw that the value of “always_scan” was “1e_” plus some other random characters not on the keyboard. I fixed it and restarted firefly and it ran fine after that.

Would it be because firefly runs on a Ubuntu box and I usually use a WinXP laptop to make these changes through its browser?

fizze
    Participant

That’s a new one! 😉

What browser do you use to access the config page?

wwarren
    Participant

Firefox 3.0.5

I need to do more trials of this, but my recollection is that this may happen more frequently (perhaps only) when I change more than one thing at a time on the config page. I’ll also try turning off all firefox addons and see if that has any affect.

fizze
    Participant

I remember there was a bug in the web config thingy when there is an entry it doesn’t understand plus changing more than one item at a time.

But then you should get the warning about one entry on the top plus the error:500 after saving.

wwarren
    Participant

I kinda forgot I’d had this problem and changed my password through the UI to give someone temporary access. No errors were reported, but the UI crashed, showing no info in any of the fields. When I loaded mt-daapd.conf in the text editor, I found the new password I created with some garble on the end of it. The editing was done through Firefox 3.5 on the Ubuntu 8.10 box where firefly 1696 is running. Annoying.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.