(1696) Password on music

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    EVILRipper
    Participant

Hello,

By creating the support for a password on music for the DaapPlaylistGenerator, I noticed something.

When a DAAP request is called, to list the items, a password is required. Correct.
    However, directly calling to stream an item, doesnt need a password.
    After generating the playlist, I removed the password from the stream, and it happily started playing.

So maybe there are some active sessions? I tried running my generator on a friend’s server. It asked for a password.
    So I replaced all the streams’ URL’s with his server’s ip, to see if indeed, I could stream music without password.

And indeed, streaming music without password is no problem at all.
    Is this a bug or a feature? ๐Ÿ™‚

Kind regards,
    Erik

rpedde
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

Hello,

By creating the support for a password on music for the DaapPlaylistGenerator, I noticed something.

When a DAAP request is called, to list the items, a password is required. Correct.
    However, directly calling to stream an item, doesnt need a password.
    After generating the playlist, I removed the password from the stream, and it happily started playing.

So maybe there are some active sessions? I tried running my generator on a friend’s server. It asked for a password.
    So I replaced all the streams’ URL’s with his server’s ip, to see if indeed, I could stream music without password.

And indeed, streaming music without password is no problem at all.
    Is this a bug or a feature? ๐Ÿ™‚

Kind regards,
    Erik

I see it as a feature. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.