1695 segmentation fault (FC6 x86_64)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just tried upgrading from 1586 to 1695 on my 64-bit FC6 system. Compilation with sqlite3 works just fine, but after starting the daemon it segfault while loading the rsp.so plugin:

[root@nasng ~]# service mt-daapd start
    Starting DAAP server: /bin/bash: line 1: 32524 Segmentation fault /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd
    [FAILED]

the log file shows:

2007-10-27 10:50:37 (936d3172): Firefly Version svn-1695: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2007-10-27 10:50:37 (936d3172): Error loading plugin /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/plugins/rsp.so: (null)

fizze
    Participant

Are you sure that this is the location of the 1695 plugins?
    I reckon that the plugin locations changed somewhen, and loading an old plugin yields weird errors, too.

I’d expect sqlite3 errors, if any, but definetly not plugin errors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Are you sure that this is the location of the 1695 plugins?
    I reckon that the plugin locations changed somewhen, and loading an old plugin yields weird errors, too.

I’d expect sqlite3 errors, if any, but definetly not plugin errors.

Mabye this has something to do with it:

from ./configure –enable-sqlite3:

checking for shared library run path origin… /bin/sh: ./config.rpath: No such file or directory
    done

I’ve deleted the directory and did a make install again, now it’s working!

BTW is there something I can do about this message:
    2007-10-27 12:36:06 (ef5802cf): Write error: Connection reset by peer

I get tons of these, both when using my soundbridges and rhythmbox.

check the location of your plugins (take a look at the /usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf for the location)

i found that the location of the plugins changed btween 15xx and 1695; it used to be in /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/plugins but is now at /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins

if its the same problem as described, i reported that this might catch a few ppl out to Ron in a different thread

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.