You are here: Home » Topic » 1695 does not play some songs

1695 does not play some songs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1880
    mthielemann
    Participant

    I use svn-1695 and all in all I have no problems with it. Unfortunately there are some songs that doesn’t play in iTunes. From my local hard disk they play normal and they also play fine on my SoundBridge (via mt-daapd). But when I try to listen to these songs in iTunes (via mt-daapd) the mt-daapd.log shows the following:


    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012005): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054085)
    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012005): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012405): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054109)
    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012405): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012805): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054209)
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012805): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012c05): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054249)
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012c05): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:24 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:24 (00013005): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054306)
    2007-10-28 17:19:24 (00013005): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013405): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054342)
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013405): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013805): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054380)
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013805): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00013c05): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054402)
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00013c05): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00014005): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3077017)
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00014005): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:27 (00014405): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3410136)
    2007-10-28 17:19:27 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:27 (00014805): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 32)
    2007-10-28 17:19:28 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:29 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:30 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:31 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:32 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:33 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:34 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:35 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:36 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:37 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:38 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:39 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:40 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:41 (0000b004): timeout in select

    Any idea? Thanks for your help …

    Regards,
    Marc

    #13220
    rpedde
    Participant

    @mthielemann wrote:

    I use svn-1695 and all in all I have no problems with it. Unfortunately there are some songs that doesn’t play in iTunes. From my local hard disk they play normal and they also play fine on my SoundBridge (via mt-daapd). But when I try to listen to these songs in iTunes (via mt-daapd) the mt-daapd.log shows the following:


    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012005): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054085)
    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012005): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012405): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054109)
    2007-10-28 17:19:22 (00012405): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012805): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054209)
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012805): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012c05): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054249)
    2007-10-28 17:19:23 (00012c05): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:24 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:24 (00013005): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054306)
    2007-10-28 17:19:24 (00013005): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013405): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054342)
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013405): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013805): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054380)
    2007-10-28 17:19:25 (00013805): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00013c05): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3054402)
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00013c05): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00014005): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3077017)
    2007-10-28 17:19:26 (00014005): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-10-28 17:19:27 (00014405): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 3410136)
    2007-10-28 17:19:27 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:27 (00014805): Session 0: Streaming file 'Title1.m4a' to 192.168.75.100 (offset 32)
    2007-10-28 17:19:28 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:29 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:30 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:31 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:32 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:33 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:34 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:35 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:36 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:37 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:38 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:39 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:40 (0000b004): timeout in select
    2007-10-28 17:19:41 (0000b004): timeout in select

    Any idea? Thanks for your help …

    Regards,
    Marc

    This looks like non-fast start enabled aac files.

    Check this link: http://www.rokulabs.com/support_sb_ts_playback.php

    under the section called “when I try to play certain aac files…”

    — Ron

    #13221
    sonichouse
    Participant

    I get a similar problem after pausing mp3 file playback.

    2007-11-07 15:10:14 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:15 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:16 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:17 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:18 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:19 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:20 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:21 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:21 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:22 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:23 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:24 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:25 (00151003): timeout in select
    2007-11-07 15:10:26 (00151003): timeout in select

    Looks like it is writing this to the log every second.

    #13222
    fizze
    Participant

    Well, at this point debuglevel 9 may cause more troubles than its worth?
    At least on performance-challenged devices it does 😉

    #13223
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @fizze wrote:

    Well, at this point debuglevel 9 may cause more troubles than its worth?
    At least on performance-challenged devices it does 😉

    I am running level 5 on my poor 133mhz slug.

    I suppose that I could knock it back to 3 again.

    #13224
    rpedde
    Participant

    @sonichouse wrote:

    @fizze wrote:

    Well, at this point debuglevel 9 may cause more troubles than its worth?
    At least on performance-challenged devices it does 😉

    I am running level 5 on my poor 133mhz slug.

    I suppose that I could knock it back to 3 again.

    That timeout in select thing is wrong, though. That’s coming from another thread.

    Something not right there.

    Is this with iTunes as a client, or rsp?

    #13225
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @rpedde wrote:

    Is this with iTunes as a client, or rsp?

    iTunes was the main client.

    #13226
    rpedde
    Participant

    @sonichouse wrote:

    @rpedde wrote:

    Is this with iTunes as a client, or rsp?

    iTunes was the main client.

    Windows or unix backend? Windows I’d suspect…

    #13227
    sonichouse
    Participant

    Unslung V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta
    running
    Firefly Media Server: Version svn-1696

    iTunes 7.5.0.20 on Windoze Vastness

    #13228
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I am also seeing the following message in my Firefly log each second:

    2007-11-10 16:57:53 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:54 (0012b404): Finished streaming file to remote: 1716748 bytes
    2007-11-10 16:57:54 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:55 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:56 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:57 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:58 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:59 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:00 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:01 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:02 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:03 (0012b804): Session 0: Streaming file '01 Con de Aranjuez_ Allegro con spirito - Adagio.mp3' to 192.150.23.100 (offset 0)
    2007-11-10 16:58:03 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:04 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:05 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:06 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:07 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:08 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:09 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:10 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:11 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:12 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:13 (0012b804): Write error: Broken pipe
    2007-11-10 16:58:13 (0012b804): Error copying file to remote...
    2007-11-10 16:58:13 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:14 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:15 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:16 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:17 (0000a803): Thread 40: could not read: unknown internal error
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songalbumartist
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songcategory
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songextradata
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songcontentdescription
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songlongcontentdescription
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songkeywords
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.is-podcast
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.mediakind
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.series-name
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.network-name
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.episode-num-str
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.episode-sort
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.season-num
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songgapless
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-enc-del
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-heur
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-enc-dr
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-dur
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-resy
    2007-11-10 16:58:26 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.is-podcast-playlist
    2007-11-10 16:58:26 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.special-playlist

    Really there are three things to observe here:

    1. normal messages about songs starting and stopping.
    2. the “timeout in select” each second
    3. other interesting errors, such as “2007-11-10 16:58:13 (0012b804): Write error: Broken pipe … Error copying file to remote…”

    At about 2007-11-10 16:58:17, I created a new smart playlist through Firefly’s web UI, and then in iTunes disconnected and reconnected with Firefly to force the new playlist to appear. I suspect that’s what provoked the messages about “unknown meta code”s.

    My Firefly is svn-1696 running on an NSLU2 with rev6.8 beta Unslung firmware. The log is at -d5 level.

    My client is iTunes 7.4.2 (4) on Mac OS 10.3.9.

    The music collection is one directory of MP3’s which was taken over from iTune’s care, so it’s in iTunes structure with iTunes static and smart playlists; plus one director of flac-encoded music that iTunes never saw until Firefly began serving them.

    BTW, Ron, this is my first chance to say thank you for this awesome software. Mostly it’s working wonderfully.

    #13229
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Jim DeLaHunt wrote:

    I am also seeing the following message in my Firefly log each second:

    2007-11-10 16:57:53 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:54 (0012b404): Finished streaming file to remote: 1716748 bytes
    2007-11-10 16:57:54 (0000a803): timeout in select

    These are the ones I am interested in. The first number (a803 in this case) is the thread id. Can you follow that log backwards and see what that thread is? Or what the last thing that thread did was?

    Really there are three things to observe here:

    1. normal messages about songs starting and stopping.
    2. the “timeout in select” each second
    3. other interesting errors, such as “2007-11-10 16:58:13 (0012b804): Write error: Broken pipe … Error copying file to remote…”

    The broken pipe may be normal if they played alright. That might be iTunes seeking for the start of music, or it might be iTunes closing the connection before the whole song is played because of a bad header, or something like that.

    If it didn’t cause playback problems, it’s not a big deal.

    At about 2007-11-10 16:58:17, I created a new smart playlist through Firefly’s web UI, and then in iTunes disconnected and reconnected with Firefly to force the new playlist to appear. I suspect that’s what provoked the messages about “unknown meta code”s.

    Yeah, and those are normal. That’s just a reminder to me that I have new metadata fields I need to research and add. Unknown metadata is cheerfully ignored, and iTunes doesn’t really care if i do ignore it.

    BTW, Ron, this is my first chance to say thank you for this awesome software. Mostly it’s working wonderfully.

    You are welcome, of course. I’ll try and fix the breakage. 🙂

    — Ron

    #13230
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Ron:

    @rpedde wrote:

    @Jim DeLaHunt wrote:

    I am also seeing the following message in my Firefly log each second:

    2007-11-10 16:57:53 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:57:54 (0012b404): Finished streaming file to remote: 1716748 bytes
    2007-11-10 16:57:54 (0000a803): timeout in select

    These are the ones I am interested in. The first number (a803 in this case) is the thread id. Can you follow that log backwards and see what that thread is? Or what the last thing that thread did was?

    Here’s what I captured. The thread id a803 didn’t leave many traces in the log I captured. What I have starts with “timeout in select” messages, and then has one instance of


    2007-11-10 16:21:03 (0000a803): timeout in select
    ... [2254 instances of "timeout in select" omitted]
    2007-11-10 16:58:16 (0000a803): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 16:58:17 (0000a803): Thread 40: could not read: unknown internal error

    On the very next line, that log records another thread which will eventually give the “timeout in select” error. I have more context for it. The first appearance of this thread is:


    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songalbumartist
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songcategory
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songextradata
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songcontentdescription
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songlongcontentdescripti
    on
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songkeywords
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.is-podcast
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.mediakind
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.series-name
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.network-name
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.episode-num-
    str
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.episode-sort
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.season-num
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: daap.songgapless
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-enc-del
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-heur
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-enc-dr
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-dur
    2007-11-10 16:58:21 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.gapless-resy
    2007-11-10 16:58:26 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.is-podcast-playlist
    2007-11-10 16:58:26 (0012bc03): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.special-playlist
    ... [12 lines logging other threads omitted]
    2007-11-10 17:30:04 (0012bc03): timeout in select
    ... [about 1420 instances of "timeout in select" omitted]
    2007-11-10 17:53:40 (0012bc03): timeout in select
    2007-11-10 17:53:41 (0012bc03): Thread 1197: could not read: unknown internal error
    2007-11-10 17:53:41 (0012bc03): Thread 1197: Terminating
    2007-11-10 17:53:41 (0012bc03): Thread 1197: Freeing request headers
    2007-11-10 17:53:41 (0012bc03): Thread 1197: Freeing response headers
    2007-11-10 17:53:41 (0012bc03): Thread 1197: Freeing request vars
    2007-11-10 17:53:41 (0012bc03): Thread 1197: Closing fd
    2007-11-10 17:53:41 (0012bc03): With thread 1197 exiting, 1 are still running

    What does that tell you?

    #13231
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Jim DeLaHunt wrote:

    What does that tell you?

    That I clearly don’t have enough debug code in thread creation to see why threads were created. 🙁

    Guess i’ll have to stand up a windows box and see what’s up. 🙂

    — Ron

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.