1695 crashing shortly after initiating scan

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback 1695 crashing shortly after initiating scan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Iris
    Participant

I sent you a log of this error but for other users I’m running a mipsel version on my Maxtor NAS.

Anyways, if I don’t initiate a scan everything seems to work fine – even the playcounts for flac files get updated 😀

However, initiating a Full or Regular scan caushes FF to crash shortly after.

Hopefully, with the log I sent Ron it’ll be an easy fix cause I really want the playcounts to be updated. Next on the list is having the ability to base Smart playlists on other playlists. 💡

Iris

P.S. Reverted back to 1586

Iris
    Participant

Hi Ron,

Installed svn-1696 mipsel and the crashing still happens after initiating a scan.

However, at least at this early stage of my own testing everything else appears to be working as expected. That is, transcoded file playcounts are being updated and there doesn’t appear to be any issues where that’s concerned.

I’ve turned off scanning for now as I want to see through more use if any other issues pop up. Thanks though for your efforts so far.

With respect to the scanning what I did notice was just before it crashed the total count of songs displayed an unusually high number then immediately reverted back to the true count and then it crashed.

iris

Update: FF crashed after transcoding about seven flac files.

rpedde
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

Hi Ron,

Installed svn-1696 mipsel and the crashing still happens after initiating a scan.

However, at least at this early stage of my own testing everything else appears to be working as expected. That is, transcoded file playcounts are being updated and there doesn’t appear to be any issues where that’s concerned.

I’ve turned off scanning for now as I want to see through more use if any other issues pop up. Thanks though for your efforts so far.

With respect to the scanning what I did notice was just before it crashed the total count of songs displayed an unusually high number then immediately reverted back to the true count and then it crashed.

iris

Update: FF crashed after transcoding about seven flac files.

Can you let it scan (and crash) with debug level > 5?

There have been lots of parsing changes, I wonder if it’s mad about a particular file.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.