1348 does not perform an automatic scan?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback 1348 does not perform an automatic scan?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    taboman
    Participant

I am not quite sure about this, but here is what I did.

In the config interface I set the rescan interval to 3600 (it is seconds, right?) so I expected firefly to rescan my volume every hour.

In the log I got this:

2006-08-18 19:41:09 (00004000): Rescanning database
    2006-08-18 19:42:42 (00004000): Starting playlist scan
    2006-08-18 19:42:50 (00004000): Scanned 10414 songs (was 10414) in 101 seconds

and then nothing until this morning. When I start a scan manually (via the web interface) it immediately starts.

So question, does it scan but not log or not scan at all? (Debug is set to 0).

Thanks,

Ron

grommet
    Participant

What is your always_scan set to? If it’s 0, I think it only scans when clients are connected.

taboman
    Participant

Yep, its set to “0”.

good point .. 🙂

You sure it does behave like that? Would be cool though …

Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@taboman wrote:

Yep, its set to “0”.

good point .. 🙂

You sure it does behave like that? Would be cool though …

Ron

?

yeah, that’s what it’s for. When it’s set to 0, then it only scans for changes when clients are connected. Otherwise, it keeps the hard drive from spinning down. The whole point of me throwing away my big file server for a slug was to get a box that had negligible power requirements and ran cool and quiet. Letting the drive spin down helps that a lot.

You are, of course, welcome to set it to 1, and you will get constant file system rescans.

— Ron

artagesw

OK, so exactly how does the algorithm work? Let’s say the scan interval is set to one hour and always_scan is 0.

If a client connects and it has been an hour since the last scan, will a rescan occur? Or, will it only occur once the client has been connected for an hour?

rpedde
    Participant

@artagesw wrote:

OK, so exactly how does the algorithm work? Let’s say the scan interval is set to one hour and always_scan is 0.

If a client connects and it has been an hour since the last scan, will a rescan occur? Or, will it only occur once the client has been connected for an hour?

If the client connects and it has been an hour, it will start the scan immediately.

Course, the client won’t see it (until I get incremental updates working) unless the are using a soundbridge, or the client disconnects and reconnects.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.