1249 – iTunes Streams

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NA9D
    Participant

How do you enable the latest build to play iTunes streams? I compiled and am running it but my stream playlists still show 0 items in them..Am I missing something in my config file?

grommet
    Participant

More detail, please. What is your client? What do you mean by “iTunes Stream”… Radio station stream that you saved in a iTunes playlist?

NA9D
    Participant

Yes, internet radio streams from my iTunes library.

Clients are my Soundbridges.

I noticed the note on the mt-daapd nightlies page that you may need to delete and rebuild songs.db. That I did and now the streams are all showing but with an “X” next to them and the Soundbridge says it cannot play the song.

So it is now showing the streams that I have in my library/playlists but it can’t play them…

EDIT: OK, looks like Firefly IS working fine with the streams. The problem appears to be with my M2000. My M1000 plays the streams fine. The M2000 will connect to the Firefly server and play music from it, but it won’t connect beyond my LAN. It won’t check for software updates nor will it stream any of the built-in presets. Very odd as it and my M1000 both use the same router. The M2000 is wired though and the M1000 wireless…Guess I’ll have to post this over at the Roku forums…

grommet
    Participant

Radio links and SoundBridge with RSP protocol is broken; SoundBridge 2.5.155+ uses RSP.

http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=4741

NA9D
    Participant

OK. So I’m not the only one then. I thought that my M1000 was playing OK earlier today but I just updated to the latest beta and now neither my M1000 nor my M2000 play the streams…

And you’re right – it’s not a Firefly issue but Roku as using iTunes I can play the streams served by Firefly.

grommet
    Participant

Well, I’m not 100% sure Firefly isn’t guilty… it’s related to RSP, the protocol that is only used by SoundBridge and Firefly. If you use SoundBridge via DAAP (what iTunes uses) to Firefly… it works, too. (But, of course, Roku has “disabled” Firefly via DAAP… to prevent confusion.)

rpedde
    Participant

@NA9D wrote:

So it is now showing the streams that I have in my library/playlists but it can’t play them…

Grommet is right… it’s a rsp issue, but has to be fixed on the sb side. We missed the window for the latest firmware update, so it will be *next* one, I assume.

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.