1236 NSLU2 comments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cromei
    Participant

I had only 15 min of playtime to look around, but 2 things I noticed…

1. mt-daapd.conf file gets blown away on ipkg remove then ipkg install
    I had it backed up so no big deal, but others might not…
    2. on config webpage the filename is cut off.
    Another no big deal, but thought you should know.

I will continue messing around and reporting if I see anything.
    Craig

Ted Harper
    Participant

Sorry for the dumb newbie question re Firefly on the NSLU2…

I have only just started using mine with Firefly (ie svn-1236 is the first build of it I have installed); is it necessary/recommended to do the ipkg remove then ipkg install for new nightly builds, or does an ipkg install of a local *.ipk file work like an intelligent in-place upgrade (as the Win32 installer for Firefly does)?

If you *do* need to remove-then-install with the nightly builds on an NSLU2, once Firefly 1.0 is officially released (and available via the automatic ipkg mechanism), will ipkg upgrade then work for an in-place update?

ted.h.

rpedde
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

1. mt-daapd.conf file gets blown away on ipkg remove then ipkg install
    I had it backed up so no big deal, but others might not…

That’s fixed in svn

2. on config webpage the filename is cut off.
    Another no big deal, but thought you should know.

Oh, the config filename being the same color as background? I’ve seen that but I don’t know if it’s been fixed. Let me know if you see anything else.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@Ted Harper wrote:

I have only just started using mine with Firefly (ie svn-1236 is the first build of it I have installed); is it necessary/recommended to do the ipkg remove then ipkg install for new nightly builds, or does an ipkg install of a local *.ipk file work like an intelligent in-place upgrade (as the Win32 installer for Firefly does)?

You can install right over the top. It should Do The Right Thing ™. Might want to go into the web config every once in a while and see if there are any new configuration knobs you want to turn, though, as they will show up there set to default values.

— Ron

cromei
    Participant

OK,
    I have firefly on my nslu2 renamed to A&C Music. When I load iTunes on my laptop it shows the firefly server as NAS1(which is the name of my NAS) Firefly Server. This is the same as what I see on my ROKU. When I highlight the NAS1 FireflyServer in iTunes it loads all of my music and then renames the NAS1 to A&C Music. Any thoughts?
    Craig

rpedde
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

OK,
    I have firefly on my nslu2 renamed to A&C Music. When I load iTunes on my laptop it shows the firefly server as NAS1(which is the name of my NAS) Firefly Server. This is the same as what I see on my ROKU. When I highlight the NAS1 FireflyServer in iTunes it loads all of my music and then renames the NAS1 to A&C Music. Any thoughts?
    Craig

Sounds like it didn’t stop gracefully and the old rendezvous name was still out on the network. It will disappear.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.