Reply To: Cannot access mounted internal drive in ubuntu

rpedde
Participant

@JHSaunders wrote:

I’m trying to run a music server for my housemates and I, I’ve installed Ubuntu-Server 7.04 on an old computer of mine and put 2 80GB HDD inside. One of them is dedicated just to music, and the other has the operating system and some other files. I’m running the version of mt-daapd from the ubuntu repositories.

My problem is that I cannot seem to get mt-daapd to access any folders/files on my other drive, the one with all my music. I have mounted this drive under /media/sdb1 and can access it fine from the command line as a normal user.

When I try share music in one of my users home folders it works fine, but as soon as I add a folder that is sitting on my other disk (from the web interface) I get Error: 500general:mp3_dir .

My suspicion is that the drive is not being mapped properly for mt-daapd, since it starts as a service, or something like that.

Any ideas??

James,

It runs as “nobody”, so permissions on that folder need to be world readable. (and executable, in the case of directories).

My guess is that permissions on that drive are too restrictive for the nobody user.

— Ron