Reply To: Firefly and olive symphony

Anonymous
Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

1. You’ll need to turn off background scanning – change the scan_interval to 0 using hte web interface. (or the prefs pane, I guess).

okay, first i reinstalled 1696 over the earlier “stable” release i had installed over my first installation of 1696. 😉

then, i did what i think it is that you’re suggesting). i did the following in the database section of the media server web admin page:

– changed the “Rescan interval” value from 300 (the default to 0)
– changed the “Scan type” value from 2-Painfully aggressive to 0-Normal

@rpedde wrote:

2. To get the starting message to go away, change the share nam to something short (“firefly”, maybe?).

and i did this… tried a couple of iterations, including:

– jbpfly
– firefly
– fly

now i can’t even see the server on the olive (either the device screen or the web interface). the mac menu icon still shows “Firefly is starting” in gray when you click on it, and the same thing when i open the prefs pane. i can hit the web interface for firefly, as i’ve bookmarked it (but the button under Advanced in the Prefs pane is still grayed out), and all my changes are still in place. not quite sure what to do next.

@rpedde wrote:

Flac is a no-go on the mac version right now. Too many dependancies to port over to universal libraries to make it go. At some point, I’m going to try and give it a go, but that’s after I finish the db stuff for a stable release.

If you have fink or darwinports installed, it’s easy enough to build a binary that will support ogg and flac, and then copy it into the location that you can manage it with the prefs pane. Kinda hackish, but if you want to try that, I’m game to walk you through it.

If you can get the first part working above, then we can work on the flac thing. Just let me know.

i’m game for this if we can get the first issue resolved. though i have to warn you, i’m not up on fink/darwinports… but i’m a quick learner and will do some homework to hopefully make it as painless for you as possible. i sincerely appreciate your willingness to walk me through it.

but first… i’d love to be able to get the mp3 collection playing- more than one song at a time!

thanks in advance for sticking with me on this…