Reply To: Firefly and olive symphony

rpedde
Participant

@hos wrote:

What would the procedure for running and -d9 trace be? What’s a quirk?

Gotcha. Go into the web administration panel by going to the “server” tab on the tray applet thing and pushing the button for the web interface.

On the left is a “configuration” link. Hit that, and then the link to “show advanced configuration”.

You should see an option for “loglevel” (or debuglevel, don’t remember which). Set that to 9, hit “save”, then try and connect with the olive. It will probably play the first song then die again.

Stop the server, then go into c:program filesfirefly media server and zip up the “firefly.log” file and email it to me at [email protected].

That should give me the info I need.

— Ron

p.s. Quirk — an eccentricity, or a peculiarity. In the case of the olive, it doesn’t follow the http standards right. It relies on the behavior of iTunes rather than reading and interpreting the headers of the web request. Which is fine against an iTunes server, but makes it fail against firefly.

It could be fixed, but it would make transcoding not work. A better solution would be to only apply that fix when an olive is connecting. Then it only breaks transcoding for the olive. That would be a reasonable compromise.

I have a “quirk table” for different browsers and players already. I’ll just add a flag for the olive player specifically. Although, if it doesn’t identify itself clearly as an olive when it connects (if it lies, and says it’s an iTunes client, for example), then I’ll have to find a different solution.