Reply To: Album (and songs) missing

rpedde
Participant

@ewart7034 wrote:

I would love to retire MusicMatch completely but can’t because of three use models I can’t find a way to replace – would love some guidance from anybody that has knowledge:

Oof. I can’t think of a way to fix all three of those.

You can do the playlist thing by copying your iTunes Music Library.xml file to the server. Firefly will pick up the playlists and stuff in there when it scans the music library.

You’ll have to make a batch file or something (drag & drop, even) to get the file over there, but that’s not a big issue.

As far as the other two, it kind of sounds like musicmatch is the winner on those. Might be though that newer musicmatch versions are better at tagging. Or perhaps those particular files got into your library without being tagged by musicmatch. Not sure, really. Might be that it’s just simpler to identify badly tagged songs by remotely connecting to the library with iTunes and looking for files that are obviously badly tagged (missing artist, album info, etc), then manually tagging them (or even maybe retagging them with music match).

In any event, I wish you luck.

— Ron