Reply To: soundbridge cannot connect to mt-daapd under linux

rpedde
Participant

@mathias wrote:

I have recently bought a Pinnacle Soundbridge M1001 which I like a lot.

In the cellar I have an old PC Linux server running OpenSuSE 10.2, and the idea is to serve the music archive from this machine.

When I install Firefly (nightly builds 1498, 1515) with or without avahi-compat-howl, everything seems to work, I get to the web interface and things look normal (with avahi-compat, the server indicates that bonjour is running). However, the soundbridge does _not_ recognize the server.

The windows Firefly version (1.0svn-1459) works without further ado, like a charm. I don’t want to let my windows box on day and night, however.

Firefly under windows uses port 9999. On the linux box I have tried both ports 3689 and 9999, to no avail.

Please, anybody, help me! What am I missing? I really would like to get this setup to work.

With avahi-compat, make sure you are running the avahi daemon, for starters. Check your process list. Also, I’m not really familiar with opensuse, but check your firewall settings. Try turning them off, first, and if it works, then see if you can turn it back on, but enable multicast.

If you server and the soundbridge are between a wired/wireless boundary — i.e. one of them is wired and the other is wireless, check your router and see if it has an option to enable multicast or IGMP.

That’s what I can think of offhand, anyway.