FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) › Firefly Media Server Forums › Firefly Media Server › General Discussion › Remote Streaming of iTunes: A Noob’s How To – Kinda… › Reply To: Remote Streaming of iTunes: A Noob’s How To – Kinda…
I’ll post a proper write up if there is sufficient interest (post here), but just to say, I’ve got this working as follows:
* 8mbps broadband (512kbps upload).
* Wired/Wireless Router – port 22 (SSH) forwarded to NSLU2.
* UnSlung NSLU2 with 1gb stick, 300mb disk – running FireFly on 3689. Also running SSH server.
On office desktop:
* PuTTY tunnelling over SSH (tunnel is L3689 to 127.0.0.1:3689) to home address
* RendevousProxy looking at 127.0.0.1:3689 service type _daap._tcp
* iTunes set to look for shared libraries
Similarly, on my MacBook:
* Download and configure Network beacon as per RendevousProxy above.
And, wonder of wonders, it works marvellously, and is lovely and secure! Out of interest, I tried a connection over a GPRS mobile phone on the train. It works, but not usably!