Reply To: Firefly Media Server keeps disconnecting

beerfan
Participant

@rpedde wrote:

No, any database stuff should be unrelated.

Ok. If we can’t figure out what’s going on I’ll try using the old db just to confirm that.

@rpedded wrote:

I’m assuming you are running wirelessly, yes?

Actually, no. Both the server and the client are on the same ethernet router (which is also a wireless AP but that shouldn’t matter). Both are running WinXP. The server hasn’t been updated to sp2 though if there’s a dll version difference involved there…

Bah, I need to get a linux server set up again. I only have it on my laptop at the moment.

@rpedde wrote:

If you can get a capture of that, we can double check, but it seems like so far the data I’ve gotten on it is this:

1. Only seems to happen on wireless
2. Happens both on transcoded and non-transcoded files
3. Seems (from the two packet traces I’ve seen) to be the roku disconnecting

No transcoding is involved; all files are mp3. In this case the client is iTunes (haven’t tested with Rhythmbox since the upgrade). I doubt that the client is (entirely, if at all) the cause here since the behavior only started after upgrading mt-daapd.

@rpedde wrote:

The windows version has always (at least the one that roku shipped) been on port 9999. On 3689 it won’t start if iTunes is already running (address in use) even if you aren’t sharing your iTunes library.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Still, if the port is changed the web admin interface should still function. It isn’t hardcoded is it?