Reply To: Firefly Media Server keeps disconnecting

rpedde
Participant

@beerfan wrote:

Hopefully it isn’t an issue with the (less stable?) sqlite3 database.

No, any database stuff should be unrelated.

2007-04-03 00:27:18 (729e34a8): Write error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I’m assuming you are running wirelessly, yes?

I’ve spent a lot of time looking at this. The code path is such that there isn’t a whole lot that can fail on the server side. A fundamental problem with the msvc libc runtime, but that’s about it. Seems like I’ve also gottem some network traces from someone that was getting the same thing, and it clearly showed a FIN from the roku.

If you can get a capture of that, we can double check, but it seems like so far the data I’ve gotten on it is this:

1. Only seems to happen on wireless
2. Happens both on transcoded and non-transcoded files
3. Seems (from the two packet traces I’ve seen) to be the roku disconnecting

I’d be interested in new data points though. Might be worth also trying one of the newest builds, as they are VS 2005, with a different libc.

Another oddity is that after the upgrade the port is now 9999 when I’m pretty sure it was 3689 before. Not that iTunes cares but the web admin interface no longer seems to work if I switch from port 9999. Perhaps that’s just a caching issue (though I doubt it because I tried forcing a reloading).

The windows version has always (at least the one that roku shipped) been on port 9999. On 3689 it won’t start if iTunes is already running (address in use) even if you aren’t sharing your iTunes library.

— Ron