Reply To: Poor Sound Quality

S80_UK
Participant

@CCRDude wrote:

3) People who would be wardriving would go otherwhere anyway, but the network is connected to the office as well, and that one has too many unscrupulous enemies. I wouldn’t even go for WEP with SSID hidden and MAC restrictions.

I use all three of those – and VPN on top for the office stuff but from a different PC.

@CCRDude wrote:

2) Too bad I’ve got kind of an ecological mind and wouldn’t want the additional “useless” power consumption πŸ˜‰

I used a Netgear gaming adaptor for a bridge for a while (but there are cheaper options). It takes about 3 watts, or half what my NSLU2 takes.

@CCRDude wrote:

… if I had known about this before buying, damn πŸ™„ πŸ˜‰

The story of my life! πŸ™„

@CCRDude wrote:

I currently have two M1001, and a neighbour as well. We’ve planed some experiments for this… recording a LP both in 44,1 kHz and 48 kHz to be able to do some comparison of exactly the same signal on the same hardware. I know audiophiles don’t like these simple 1 vs. 1 comparisons a lot, but for us it’ll be sufficient and we could really compare the same signal in unconverted quality (due to the analogue source).

Should be fun – at least you will know where you stand. Hopefully you will find that you don’t need to spend any more money. πŸ˜€