Reply To: Transcoding exotic formats (other than mp4a, mpeg, wav, etc)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Transcoding exotic formats (other than mp4a, mpeg, wav, etc) Reply To: Transcoding exotic formats (other than mp4a, mpeg, wav, etc)

rpedde
Participant

@Metalliferous wrote:

I disabled the plugin, but now I can’t even decode ogg files. When I start the script with either an ogg or an dmo file, and write it to a wave file, it is playable.

The transcode files should show up as .wav. If not, then someting is quite wrong — the ssc-script plugin isn’t loading or something like that.

extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.ogg,.flac,.mpc,.dmo
ssc_codectypes = ogg, flac, alac, unkn
ssc_prog = /usr/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh

That looks right, so those files really should show up as “wav” files when getting file info from iTunes. If they don’t, then the rest is moot — the server has decided they don’t need to be transcoded.

In /usr/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh I added the following:

ADLIBDEC=adplay
adlib_file() {
$ADLIBDEC --quiet --output=disk --device=- "$FILE" | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN

}
if ( echo $1 | grep -i ".dmo$" > /dev/null 2>&1 ); then
adlib_file
exit;
fi

This looks good.

You might want to full path to the executables:

ADLIBDEC=/path/to/adplay

and the same with oggdec, flac, wavstreamer, etc. Depending on your environment for daemons, /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, or wherever these binaries are might not be on your path.

P.S. I checked my song database with sqlite3, and the ogg file still shows up as ogg, my adlib files as unkn.

That’s right.