Reply To: Multiple soundbridges accessing one or more mt-daapds

S80_UK
Participant

@beerfan wrote:

I’m surprised that you needed to make multiple instances. Did you split the databases?

As per my write up, each instance looks at a different selection of folders and each has its own database, so the databases are separate but will have some content which is common.

@beerfan wrote:

I created smart playlists for my wife’s stuff and some for my stuff all on the same instance. Yeah, we see each other’s playlists but other than that it’s easy to find what you want to listen to.

How? I don’t see how I could easily choose to play an album from within a playlist, or indeed to queue more than one and then play them.

@beerfan wrote:

I also browse within a playlist sometimes as that’s easy to do with iTunes or Rhythmbox. I don’t know about a Roku client…

Well, since I am only using the Roku’s to play the music, I could not think of another way of handling it. I certainly don’t want to have a PC running iTunes or similar just to do this – somehow it defeats the opject of running Firefly on the NSLU2. I could have created some smart playlists, but as far as I can tell that would not allow me to then search by artist, album etc as I can with the native Browse mode of the Roku.