@S80_UK wrote:

All
Me
Wife
Daughter
Me and Wife
Me and Daughter
Wife and Daughter

Then I drop the artists and albums folders into the relevant one of these depending on who is to have access to that music. I set up four config files, each with its own port number, and each looking at the folders for the user for that instance of Firefly, and pointing to a unique database and log file. So for example, Firefly for my wife’s music looks at folders All, Wife, Me and Wife, Wife and Daughter. Firefly for my music looks at All, Me, Me and Wife, Me and Daughter. And so on. Then I just edited the start-up file S60mt-daapd to launch the four instances each with its own config file.

That’s a neat setup. The thing I’m driving for is to be able to do two things:

1. Logs by user name
2. Set base library to be a smart playlist
3. Let smart playlist use a smart playlist as a criteria

So I could make a playlist like:

1. My stuff = grouping includes “me”
2. Wifes stuff = grouping includes “wife”

Then tag groupings like:

me or me/wife, or wife

Then set the “my stuff” playlist to be the “library” playlist when I log in, and set the “wifes stuff” playlist to be the “library” playlist when she logs in.

Then other playlists would be the intersection of the playlist and the “base” playlist. So I might have a “No Country” (genre not includes “country”) and it would silently get turned into “(genre not includes ‘country’) and (grouping includes ‘me’)” when I query that playlists.

That’s where I want to get, anyway. Or cast to users based on user agent or ip address range.

Ron – Thanks again for such an amazing piece of software. To say I am well impressed is a major piece of understatement. It’s just brilliant!

Well, shucks. Thanks. 🙂