Reply To: SVN-1498 Soundbridge Problem

Anonymous
Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@pmorris wrote:

Running NSLU unslung – serves up fine on iTunes client. My soundbridges however, have difficulty connecting. Once connected, “Browse Artists” fails with “Failed to Load Browse Data”. I have a large library (16,000 songs), so I tried several times to insure I wasn’t timing out. I’ve also created an index on artists to speed response time from sqlite.

You might try fetching the list with firefox just to see if it parses right…

something lik:

http://server:port/rsp/db/1/artist

should give you an xml list of the artists. If it doesn’t parse right, that’s the problem. Otherwise, it must be time, but I can’t imagine it would take all that long.

Are you running on a particularly slow file system? Where is your /tmp mounted? If it’s on flash, can you try mounting a directory on your hard drive on tmp?

That’s the strange thing: it’s serving up iTunes clients just fine. /tmp is mounted on a flash drive, but I don’t have any problem as long as I’m using iTunes to listen to music. I tried the URL you gave me and it works just fine: I get an xml list of the artists, though it takes a about 20 seconds. I suppose it could still be time; iTunes being more “patient” than Soundbridge.