Reply To: mt-daapd can’t find database on NSLU2

rpedde
Participant

@UK Phil wrote:

I have to say this confuses me on two fronts, firstly why is it looking in “/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db” anyway as I’ve specified the path to be “db_dir /share/flash/data/public/database” in the mt-daapd.conf file and secondly why is it complaining about the absence of a file it’s supposed to generate anyway?

Looks like an upgrade from stable with the old config format. The format of the config file has changed, and while it will import the old style config file, if you mix new and old style, it will probably prefer the new style.

db_dir isn’t a valid configuration value anymore, it’s now split into “db_type” and “db_parms”.

To make it work, you’ll want to reinstall (with –force, probably), and let it overwrite the config file. Then edit hte config file, as you’ll have a new-style config. Things should probably go more smoothly from there.

Also, the db dir isn’t created any more due to an oversight, really. It had to be moved away from the config parser, and moved to the db itself, and I put it on a “things to do” list and forgot about it, frankly. 😳

— Ron