Reply To: Startup after installing nightly…

rpedde
Participant

@Dave.B wrote:

I just installed 1489 on my Slug – no problems as yet, although it’s only been running for 2 or 3 minutes. But it prompted a question: With every nightly install I’ve done (starting with svn-909) the install has run OK, and then I get prompted to modify the config file then type “opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd” to start the server.
Thing is, every time I do that, it makes a valiant effort at starting up, in that the disk chatters away to itself for about as long as it takes to scan my library, but the server is inaccessible, both to my SoundBridge and PC.
If I then cycle the power on the Slug using the power button, everything then starts up perfectly.

Is this normal behaviour?

Don’t know, but there are some issues with stopping the thing gracefully on the slug. I think tonights nightlies will have a fix for signal handling on the slug, and hopefully it will be able to shutdown and restart gracefully.

You won’t see it the next time you install nightlies, but the time after *that* it should be more graceful. (/me crosses his fingers)