Reply To: svn-1489 feedback

samleemd
Participant

I might have the same problem as gidonk had. I’m running mt-daapd 1515 on ubuntu 6.10 edgy eft. I have two roku clients. The server runs and I can play music for at least an hour (perhaps longer) if the roku is started within the first few minutes or so. If the roku is not playing within the first few minutes of starting the server or is stopped for more than a few minutes, then the roku states that the server is no longer available. I’ve run the Avahi browser, which seems to show the server as running and the web configurator also shows the server running, although Bonjour is always stopped. Bonjour briefly appears to be running when I refresh the webpage, but I’m not sure about this.

I’m a complete noob with linux and mt-daapd. I did have the exact same machine running firefly on windows xp, but windows kept flaking out and I hated having to keep restarting the pc. I’ve tried turning off the firewall on my wireless router (SMC WBR14g) but this makes no difference. I had no firewall issues when running firefly under windows xp.

Does anyone have an idea why mt-daapd is no longer seen by the roku after being able to play initially? Is this similar to gidonk’s problem, as he too did not show Bonjour Service as running? Do I have network problem, although I am able to serve music to the roku initially?

Thanks for you help.