Reply To: Streaming Mt-daapd to Soundbridge – iTunes playlists problem

rpedde
Participant

@alan_birch wrote:

So I guess that’s that, right?

Sure sounds right to me. 🙂

Now a new question:
Theoretically, I should be able to open up iTunes, make a new playlist, and then eventually, that will propagate down to mt-daapd and then down to the Roku, right? Similarly, if I delete a playlist in iTunes, that should also delete from mt-dappd, right?

I’d think probably not. I’d think that perhaps it’s getting iTunes from the copy/pasted one, so that’s not getting updated. I didn’t ever figure out if you are copying files from your windows box, of if the drive is mapped from your windows box, and your “live” iTunes Music Library.xml is the one at /share/hdd/data/public/Music Library/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml.

If so, then you are out of luck, as it needs to be in /share/hdd/data/public/Music Library, right? If that’s the case, then you need to symlink the “live” one to the one in Music Library. Something like this:

ln -s “/share/hdd/data/public/Music Library/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml” “/share/hdd/data/public/Music Library”

from a terminal on the slug should do it.

— Ron

Anyway, I’m going to play around with iTunes and see if I can get a new playlist down to the Roku.[/quote]