Reply To: SB + Firefly / mt-daapd (Ubuntu Edgy) fails to connect now?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues SB + Firefly / mt-daapd (Ubuntu Edgy) fails to connect now? Reply To: SB + Firefly / mt-daapd (Ubuntu Edgy) fails to connect now?

rpedde
Participant

@Binary Jay wrote:

I forgot to mention that I previously (when researching through existing posts on the board) tried to disable RSP in mt-daapd by removing it from the plugins list in the conf file. I didn’t however rename/move the rsp.so file. Is removing it from the plugins list not good enough to accomplish what you suggested to force mt-daapd into DAAP only mode?

That works for the version roku distributes (based on svn-1359). It was changed to load all plugins present in the plugin_dir around 1400 or so. It was done to make it easier for distros to modularize it… specific plugins that would drag in large dependancies could be packaged separately, and by just dropping the plugin in the plugin_dir and the plugin would automatically get activated.

I’ll try the rename when I’m home from the office this evening to see if that does any good. Failing that, unless you have any other suggestion, I’ll take my chances with the 2.7b4 firmware. I assume the firmware can be rolled back to 2.5x if I choose to, somehow?

I seem to remember you could do that, but I don’t remember the details. It’s something to root around for in the roku forums, I think.

Ah, it’s in the manual: unplug the device, and plug it in while pressing any button on the remote. The logo should appear with “safe mode” superimposed on it, and you should be taken directly to the system configuration menu with options limited to checking for software update and resetting factory defaults.

Stored settings won’t be recalled, though, so in safe mode you’ll have to connect via wired, or go through the process of setting up a network and wep key.

So it’s doable to recover, just painful. 🙁