Reply To: Write error

rpedde
Participant

@kanstey wrote:

I am using svn-1586 which I believe is the most recent available.

Ron, on an unrelated note, do you require any additional development assistance, specifically for the windows environment?

I’ll *always* take more help, particuarly on the windows side. I’m finishing up the file and socket abstraction so I’m using native functions on the windows side (CreateFile, etc) rather than libc wrappers like open(), etc. That might see some improvements.

I need help on packaging too… I really need to move to an msi installer, but have some questions on how it will work with frequent (or not so, lately!) updates.

I need a 64 bit target. I need some iconv work, and unicode/utf8 fixes in writing of the config file from the tray applet. I need updated ffmpeg on the windows side, and generally I need to clean up the port — make it more native on the windows side. There are lots of hacks in the windows implementation, although I think once I finish the file/socket stuff I mentioned, I’ll have a big chunk of the uglyness gone.

But yeah, there’s lots of help I could use. If you are interested in any of it, email me at [email protected] — I’d be happy for the help.

— Ron