Reply To: Access ones remote medialibrary using firefly and a roku

CCRDude
Participant

No issue any more? No matter how weak a password is? In which country do you exactly live? Russia? 😀

“Ignore is no excuse” as it says. All over the democratic world, you’ll either get a judge who judges based upon precedence, in which case even WEP isn’t safe enough, so a weak plaintext password is surely much less, or upon logic and common knowledge, in which case it should be common knowledge enough that a weak plain password is not enough either.

And it’s not likely someonce notices? Haven’t you read the news about copyright agencies hunting file sharers? If I would work for those, a portscan on 3689 would have been one of the first things implemented really, since it’s virtually no work with all the tools existing, and nearly every hit would be a gold mine since the number of songs shared would be way above any limit the courts have set to reduce the number of filings against smalltime sharers.

Not using a VPN tunnel would be judged as “wantonly negligent” in front of most courts, so I find your recommendation that this wouldn’t be necessary quite dangerous and misleading.

To the daap vs rsp topic: haven’t tried with my Pinnacle M1001, but if it is like you described, it’s good you found the problem 😉