Reply To: Anyone have a Kurobox step by step?

CCRDude
Participant

Yeah, you should definitively get a newer version ๐Ÿ™‚
Take a look at nightlies.mt-daapd.org, the version ending in …powerpc.deb should be the right one (powerpc for the processor thats in the Kurobox, deb for standard debian package).

Not sure how the old one was made part of that image, you may be able to use aptitude remove mt-daapd to remove the old one, then install the new one (aptitude install mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1489_sarge_powerpc.deb). I’m not quite sure about those two commands from memory though ๐Ÿ˜‰

An alternative would be to download the tar.gz package, then do in its folder:

tar -xzvf mt-daapd-svn-1489.tar.gz
cd mt-daapd-svn-1489
./configure --enable-oggvorbis --enable-flac --enable-musepack --enable-sqlite3
make
make install

The parameters behind configure are my preferences, not necessary if you don’t have oggs, flacs or musepack audio files, or are satisfied with whatever the default database is ๐Ÿ˜‰

To the problem you have though, you can fix that even with the old version, just do a

chmod +w /etc/mt-daapd.conf

Would probably be better to give only the user that runs mt-daapd write access, but I don’t know which one that is in the Sylver version ๐Ÿ˜‰

Finally, about screenshots: ImageShack does that for free, I use a plugin named ImageBot for Firefox, which is able to upload any image from the clipboard to ImageShack, and give you the links needed to post that on forums etc.