Reply To: HP MediaVault

lee810
Participant

After looking at the release notes for the nightlies going back to the beginning, I think I’m getting a better picture of what might be going on. It appears that making the .aif tags appear requires scanning through the iTunes Library.xml file to put them in to the songs.db so that they can be seen on the Roku.

The iTunes Libary.xml scanning feature was added on the release Apr 27, 2005. On July 13, 2005, the update stated that the iTunes Library.xml could just be ‘dropped’ in the mp3_dir and it should figure out the paths to the actual files. I was concerned about this because the path to the files on the PC will definitely be different than the path on a NAS device. So I assume this means that Firefly figures out how to translate the relative paths to the files.

However, aiff support wasn’t added until June 16, 2006. Since the version we compiled for the HP Media Vault was from March 1, 2006, then this may account for why we can’t see the .aif metadata. I’ll have to grab the latest version and try recompiling it and will report back here.

Lee Devlin
http://www.k0lee.com