Reply To: Noob installing on Mandriva 2006 help

rpedde
Participant

@dnoyeb wrote:

First of all, what is required to get the server running? From what I read there are 3 parts. With the 3rd being the server.

Not sure. Generally, you’ll need to compile it from source, so you’ll need to install all the developer packages, as well as developer packages for zlib, libid3tag, and sqlite.

Which versions do I need to have to run on Mandriva? Will the firefly 1.0 server run on mandriva? If so, which versions of those other 2 supporting programs do I need for mandriva 2006?

Not sure what the other two supporting program are, unless they are the libid3tag and sqlite. Those will be available directly from whatever package management system you use. Yum or whatever.

Do I need to install from the zip files, or are there rpms available?

Don’t have rpms yet… I hoped to have had them already, but haven’t got it all together yet. Soon I’ll be providing rpms.

Oh, and once installed, how can I tell its running as I have not purchased the roku yet. I was going for the slimdevices one, but could not get the server running. So I want to get the roku’s firefly server going, at which point I will feel comfortable ordering the roku device itself.

Easiest way is to use iTunes as a client.

— Ron