Reply To: Newbie question about using firefly on Maxtor mss+

rpedde
Participant

@anton90125 wrote:

Because I am using FLAC, I have bandwidth issues. I am using a d-link wireless bridge to get 802.11g performance but I am experiencing rebuffering at the roku end. I am in the process of getting D-Link DI-624M Super G with speeds upto 108Mbps. I am hoping that this will sort this data bottle neck out. Is there no config setting on the firefly which can help this flow?

Not really, not on the firefly end. Encoding it back to mp3 might help, although it would make the flacs lossy, which kind of defeats the purpose of keeping the music in flac. 🙁

I’d guess the problem is less one of speed as it is signal quality. It might be that you can find a better position for the wirelss bridge, or reposition antennas on the access point or something to get you a better signal strength where the soundbridge is. I think that’s the main problem — signal strength, not bandwidth. Although who knows… with a “super G”, you might be able to get two mediocre connections which might be enough to keep the soundbridge from rebuffering. Not sure. I’m assuming the bridge is capable of Super G?