FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) › Firefly Media Server Forums › Firefly Media Server › Setup Issues › Basics: Soundbridge does not find Firefly server › Reply To: Basics: Soundbridge does not find Firefly server
I”m having this issue and the following is pretty greek to me, too:
If you upgraded from an old version, you’ll want to wipe the config file and copy the example from contrib. In particular, you want the plugins/plugin_dir entry. That’s what’s causing you the grief. You don’t have any plugins to actually serve content — that’s why nothing is advertised.
* Windows Server 2003
* SoundBridge and SoundBridge Radio – neither see my FireFly server
* I have a laptop with XP and FireFly, and both SoundBridge and SoundBridge Radio see it fine.
* On my Windows Server 2003 machine, FireFly _was_ working fine. However, the RAM went bad, so I replaced it. After that, my SoundBridges stopped seeing the FireFly server on the Windows Server 2003 machine.
* I uninstalled Bonjour and FireFly, then reinstalled both.
* Now, neither of my SoundBridges can see FireFly on my Windows Server box. Additionally, when I attempt to view Web Administration, I get an “Unable to Connect” message.
I have no idea what happened, but was hoping the reinstall would fix things. It sounds like the stuff with the config file and the example from contrib may work, but I have no idea what those are. A more user-friendly explanation would be most welcome.
Many thanks in advance,