Reply To: svn-1417 lose connection to soundbridge

eagledart

Wow. I’m impressed. You can tell all that?

My media server was connected to the network via a wireless card, I’m still learning about networking, so it is entirely possible that I also had eth0 configured on a different subnet. But there was no cable plugged in, so would that matter?

The media server (running firefly) is (was) in the cupboard under the stairs running Debian headless (no monitor, etc). Last night I read on the forums that this issue might be due to firewall issues, so I messed around (via ssh) with iptables and firestarter, untill I locked myself out. Doh!

So I dragged it out of the cupboard to connect it up to a monitor, keyboard, etc and dropped it. Bigger Doh! So now that’s completely knackered. Doh doh doh. Luckily the drive with all my media on is OK. But basically I need to rebuild my media server machine today.

When I’ve done that, I’ll ensure I configure only one network interface and not install any firewall stuff – untill I’ve got it working properly.

Thanks for your help, I’ll let you know how I get on. Now where’s that screwdriver….