Reply To: mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags Reply To: mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags

rpedde
Participant

@conreyt wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@conreyt wrote:

I’m not sure really where to begin. I’ve installed mt-daapd on my debian server. I can see the share on my ubuntu notebook running banshee-daap. My question is this. When I look at my mp3s that I’ve got shared, I see all the id3tag data, however I’m not seeing it with any of my oggs. The only thing that shows up is the filename. They play fine, however I can’t sort by artist / album /genre. I’ve verified that the tag info on my oggs is correct. Any thoughts?

You’ll need to have nightlies rather than stable, and you’ll have to build it with –enable-oggvorbis in order to see ogg metadata.

I think svn-1379 is in debian unstable. You might be able to use the packaging info for that to backport to your platform.

Will do thanks.

If you hit a stumbling block, let me know. If you are feeling gutsy, I have an x86 sarge package that just came out of the latest build. I haven’t tested it. Might not work at all…

it’s here if you are interested in crash-testing it. And I really do mean crash-testing. It might not work at all. Might just make fire shoot out of the back of your box. I literally have not installed it on an actual x86 debian machine.

…. but if you tested it and it seemed to work, then it would be easier for me to go ahead and start dumping debian packages as part of my regular nightly builds.

Think of all the good karma… 🙂

— Ron