Reply To: Front Row: This song cannot be played.

iTuner

@hsorbo wrote:

Front Row is giving me this error “This song cannot be played.” on every song on a daap-share accessing it via Artist / Album. When acessing the same songs via Playlists the songs play just fine. Within iTunes all songs also play just fine. Furthermore it’s the same behavious on both my macs.

Am I the only one having this issue?
I’m using the latest svn-snapshot.

– Håvard[/code]

Just wanted to say that as of a couple of days ago, this exact problem has now been resolved!!!

I spent better part of a week googling possible solutions and banging my head against the wall in a futile attempt to “fix” it myself. But with with the recent 7.2 update it works and works well. On the iTunes window it even displays “Remote Front Row Playlist” as a tree branch under my daap server name.

For everyone’s info, I setup a mt-daapd server on my Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) using the most current mt-daapd package from the Ubuntu package repository. I also use OSX 10.4.9 and am fully up to date with my software as of today.

Now excuse me while I hook up my Macbook Pro to my receiver, turn up the volume and relax with a beer in one hand and Apple remote in the other for the next several hours!