Reply To: Connection Issues

Al_Vampyre

Thanks for the tip Ron, I discovered that when I alter the fstab file the disks get mounted with the owner as root and Firefly won’t play them. If I mount them myself through Nautilus then I’m the owner and Firefly plays them just fine. I would love to get the automount working though because having to mount the disks is not something Catherine will do herself..she just wants the Soundbridge to work, the other option is to mount them manually and then just not reboot the machine!! I’m playing with a few alternatives I’ve found on Google so hopefully I’ll get it to work soon.

I took a chance and changed the runas line to root in the config but it didn’t actually make any difference, files still wouldn’t play. Have now changed it back as a result of your last post 😉

I think the answer may be to backup everything and change the disc I store my music on to ext3 rather than ntfs and then install a driver that allows XP to see and write to my ext3 disks.

The important thing is that Firefly now works in both XP and in Ubuntu so thanks for all your help…