Reply To: Web interface & Firefox

CCRDude
Participant

Hey, you seem to know more about what I tested than I did, how about coming over and fixing all the remains? ๐Ÿ˜›
Yes, the locale I set by hand was UTF-8, but there was no explicit locale before I generated one, so how do you know both I “tested” where UTF-8?
Actually, the problem was (or may have been) that the OS image was partly Japanese at some point.

Also I don’t quite understand what you mean by “there are not lots of Unicode”, there’s a noun missing, lots of what? If you feel insulted by my statement that there are lots of Unicode versions, keep in mind that we’ve reached Unicode version 5.0.0 by now, with I think nearly 20 versions of Unicode so far. For a standard, that’s actually quite a lot in my opinion.

And about all that locale changes you mention – there are only two “things” involved here, which are ID3 tags, which use UTF-8 or UTF-16 LE or BE, but the locace is only used to determine the language of comments, sync and unsync lyric fields, so the “change lots of things” won’t hit here (I wrote my own tagging application to be able to properly tag polish files, so I think I encountered all ID3v2 special cases ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). The other thing are filenames, which are quite useless here since they’re just stored the way they’re read and that’s it.
So I strongly disagree with your disagreement ๐Ÿ˜‰