Reply To: Web interface & Firefox

rpedde
Participant

@CCRDude wrote:

Back the problem which isn’t one any more, I assume mt-daapd should run under the “standard” locale? Which would most likely be the one from the environment; type “env” and look out for “LANG=…” which in my case is “LANG=de_DE.UTF-8”. That environment variable wasn’t set before I created the locale though, so the question would be what would be used as default if that was not there.

It cheerfully ignores locale, except where the underlying libc has the presense of mind to do something about it.

Everything internally is utf-8. The config file is assumed to be in utf-8 as well.

All metadata is stored as utf-8 also. The metadata is also cleaned, so if there is an invalid utf-8 string that claims to be utf-8, it gets mangled by character replacement to become valid utf-8.

Two things that don’t get utf-8 linted are the config file and file paths. File paths I can’t mangle — if the readdir/scandir said the path was somesuch, then it *was*, whether or not it is valid utf-8. This can cause problems when it’s actually codepage. To fix it, I’d have to iconv codepage filenames to utf-8 for storage and display, and revert to codepage when doing file opens and stuff. I have most of this already ready to go, it’s pretty high on my list right now. I’ll assume codepage based on locale, or allow someone to override it in the config.

Maybe when I get all that done it will fix the things you are seeing. I have to assume that’s the problem.