Reply To: WINDOWS ISSUES

Anonymous
Inactive

System:

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Philips Intel Core 2 Duo Laptop
Pinnacle Soundbridge M1001

I am running a wireless network through a hub and I am able to find the Firefly Media Server on the Soundbridge, enter my username and password, and access the library.

My problem lies with the location of the library. When I Connect to Firefly through my Soundbridge, the library is completely empty.

I have pointed firefly to my music folder, which lies in a different place(C:UsersSeánMusic) to the suggested location. I ran Firefly Debug mode, and the software found no files, but it appeared to still be looking for them in the wrong place. It seemed to be looking for my music folder in C:/user/SeBn//documents/music (Note the ‘B’ is a German b which is sometimes shown instead of ‘á’ for a reason I don’t understand.) I have no idea why it’s putting the ‘documents’ part of the location in.

I tried changing my windows username to ‘Sean’ to solve this problem, however the name of the user folder (C:/users/Seán/music) did not change, so I copied the entire music folder to another folder called ‘C:/users/Sean/music’.

I change the location of my music folder in the Firefly Media Server to the new location, and run debug mode again. Firefly is still looking for the music collection in ‘C:/users/SeBn/documents/music’ and finds no files.

I was told I needed Firefly Media Server V. 1.1b, but I’m having trouble finding it. I downloaded and installed Firefly svn 1586 – is this the right version?

I read on the firefly forum that 1.1b was realeased on the roku website, but I can’t find it and it’s suppossed to be svn 1483 (which is a bad release on the firefly website, and undownloadable).

If you could walk me through the solution, that would be great.

Thanks.