You are here: Home » Reply » Reply To: Error in iTunes XML Parsing

Reply To: Error in iTunes XML Parsing

#6347
rpedde
Participant

@PGutbrod wrote:

b) Firefly on the Linux box accessing the Music Library locally: Songs play well but all songs with special characters get dropped from playlists.

Yes. This is because the file system doesn’t do utf-8. Probably it’s latin1. All that needs to be done is a utf8->codepage conversion on the file lookups, but I need libiconv for that, so i didn’t do it until after a stable firefly was out.

I can add it now, and can probably trivially do that once I finish the daap module.

— Ron

p.s. You can probably manually iconv the itunes music library.xml from utf-8 to latin1 as a quick workaround.