Reply To: svn-1274 feedback

rpedde
Participant

@grommet wrote:

1) iTunes XML is no longer parsed for me. (No iTunes playlists, etc.) I don’t think it finds the file at all (in the default “Windows” iTunes location.) Bug in your new “only read files called iTunes Music Library.xml” code?

Indeed it was. 🙂 I think other people were reporting stuff that came from loading old copies of the itunes xml file, or temp files generated by iTunes. So I verified it did indeed stop loading those temp files… just forgot to check that it loaded the REAL file. If I could get off this feature treadmill, I’d be doing myself a favor to build a regression suite.

3) I think you might have (at least partially) fixed the SMP related total hang. I’ll beat on it more. I did have one SoundBridge start erroring… but I was able to disconnect and reconnect to Firefly, while a 2nd client continued to work without interruption. So, no “total Firefly hang” yet…!

I think it’s nailed down. (/me knocks on wood) I do think there is something strange with sb on connects though, I’ve had it lock solid trying to connect before.

4) Confirmed the dynamic MP3 Album Art works in Win32. But it does supercede or “replace” any embeded picture if it already exists in a MP3, which is a little odd.

Its *way* too hard to make it work right — would really require adding way more tag parsing stuff than I’m willing to add.

I’m seriously of the opinion that if people want art in their files, they should put it in their files anyway. It’s a complex ugly code path, and I hate it. 🙁

5) Multiple composers are still not parsed into a single Composer entry for WMA (and FLAC, OGG)

Yeah, I’m accumulating a pile of metadata example files that I have to work through. Wanna get the high-dollar stuff retired first, though. Getting there.

— Ron