Reply To: Browes by Artist: Paul Oakenfold

Burkhardi
Participant

@grommet wrote:

Support for “Album Artist” tag logic (and multiple Artists, Composers, Genres, etc.) is not implemented in Firefly. (That’s the one big thing I miss from WMC 2.0… being able to browse by Album Artist or any of the Artists involved… while retaining correct grouping.)

Firefly will only browse by the first defined track Artist (“Contributing Artist”) at this time. As a workaround, you can make “Paul Oakenfold” the first Artist on all the tracks impacted. You won’t see the track’s “real” artist while playing on SoundBridge… but you’ll retain the names for other applications. If Firefly ever gets support for Album Artist, multiple Artists, etc…. you’ll be all set.

(This isn’t just WMA… FLAC, OGG, etc. too.)

As you know from SlimRoku, Slimserver supports Album Artist. (The multiple names thing is still broken with WMA, though… but will get fixed in the 6.5 cycle)

Support for static .WPL playlists is in the plans for 1.0, but nothing yet…

Yep, Firefly screams… poor ol’ UPnP AV. 8)

Grommet my good man…

Thanks for the feed back. So currently, Firefly does not support Album Artist at all, just the first track artist and that’s it (if I read your post right).

So there is hope for .wpl then and I assume Firefly can be made to look at multiple genres and artists in the future, it’s just a matter of Ron getting time to add the code and putting out the larger fires first, right?

Yes, then I miss WMC’s Album Artist and “;” option(ie Hair Band;Metal)

Do you know if there are requests already in the “feature reguest” for these two items? If not, I will post them.

Thanks again, Matt

BTW, Grommet like in electronics for wires, or Grommet the dog?