Just determined that the meta errors and the memory leak in this release are definitely linked. Turns out it’s related to using iTunes clients with the server.
I had the “look for shared music” in iTunes turned off but was running a tail -f on the log file. I turned the shared music on in itunes and clicked on the Firefly server in itunes and noticed the errors come up in the log. I checked the memory usage and it was up to 11M from 7M.
I repeated the process (turning music sharing off, turning it on, selecting firefly) and I got the errors again and the server was up to 16M. A third attempt and I’m up to 20M.